Oregon Understory Podcast - Twitter in the newsroom, hate it, love it -- why we can't shut up about itIn this episode of Oregon Understory I interview reporters, editors and anchors in Oregon, Washington and California about that much-critiqued social media tool: Twitter.
Stop rolling your eyes — this is more than just a Twitter love fest. We talk about why journalists aren’t using it, why it’s changing how the PR industry views reporters, and why it really doesn’t matter if Twitter blows up and disappears in the next few months.
On this week’s show:
- Angela Dice, @adice, web editor and food blogger at the Kitsap Sun.
- Seth Long, @sethlong, director of new media at Sound Publishing.
- Silas Lyons, @silaslyons, editor and VP of new media content at the Record Searchlight.
- Stephanie Stricklen, @stephstricklen, anchor at KGW.
- Dick Hughes, @dickhughes, editorial page editor at the Statesman Journal.
Thanks for listening.